Are you ready to serve?
Louisiana Delta Service Corps members commit to 11 months of full-time service with a partner organization in Baton Rouge or New Orleans. Our corps members provide capacity-building services to Baton Rouge and to New Orleans organizations in the fields of youth development, environmental conservation, social justice, health care, HIV/AIDS prevention, homelessness and more. Corps members serve in the areas of program development, volunteer coordination, community outreach, and technology and social media.
Corps Member Experience
In addition to full-time service with a local organization, LDSC programming includes tons of personal and professional development training and network opportunities.
Corps Member Benefits
- Receive living allowance of $14,000 paid via direct deposit on the 1st and 15th
- Major Medical Health Insurance
- Student Loan Forbearance
- 10 personal days and 6 Federal Holidays off
- Child care reimbursement
- Serve up to 2 years
- Earn an education award of $5,815 upon graduation which can be used for student loans or future schooling
- Tons of personal and professional development training and networking opportunities
Qualifications vary. See individual position descriptions for specifics.
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- A U.S. Citizen
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Must undergo a state and FBI background check including not being on the national sex offender registry
- Have a passion for serving their community
- Able to commit to 11 months living on a very small allowance (relative to the local poverty line).